B.A.R Formula 1 Festival
Shanghai, China September 2004
Client: Image & Style
- Projection onto all sides of a giant racing car structure 65m x 15m x 15m set on a man-made lake in Xintiandi district.
- Continuous projection of a five-minute loop from 7pm until midnight for ten nights .
- Featured Shanghai tourism images, Shanghai International Race Circuit, and BAR Honda racing team.
- 8 Xenon scrolling projectors – each 6kw.
- Projection layout and image placement using 3D CAD model.
- Various distances and lenses required due to shape of the site and an abundance of trees.
- Projection towers positioned with laser accuracy.
- Seamless panoramas.
- Complex scrolling and animation effects synchronised to soundtrack using Time Code.